A summery salsa perfectly paired with Salt Crust Chicken, this mix would also work with warmed pita, a pork dish, or perhaps even a baked brie! It isn’t a “chips” type of salsa, it’s really more of a tapenade. However you use it, you will love it and it looks beautiful, too.
- Oils/Spices: 2 fresh thyme leaves, 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, dash coarse salt, dash freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup EVOO
- Produce: 1⁄2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, 1 tbsp rinsed and dried capers, 1 garlic clove, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 small red onion, 1 orange
- Whisk, zester/grater, optional food processor
- Mince the olives, capers, garlic, thyme peppers and onion – a food processor makes this super quick and easy.
- Grate about 1⁄2 tsp of orange zest.
- Combine everything except the oil in medium bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Chill until ready to use.
Original recipe found on: It’s All Delicious