We made these for a Cinco de Mayo dinner with sopas and tres leches cake. They are as adorable as they are delicious!
- Oils/Spices: ¼ cup chopped cilantro, 1–2 drops hot sauce, optional
- Produce: 3 small avocados, 3 small oranges, 2 cups radishes, 1 ½ cups romaine lettuce, 6 green onions, 3 Tbs. lime juice
- Dice the radishes.
- Finely chop the romaine lettuce.
- Finely chop the green onions.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Halve and pit the avocados.
- Use knife to remove peel and pith from oranges, then slice each orange into 4 slices.
- Cut each orange slice into 6 small triangular pieces. Add to avocado dice.
- Score each avocado half 7 times lengthwise and 7 times crosswise to dice.
- Scoop out avocado dice from shells with soup spoon, and place in large bowl. Set the shells aside.
- Add radishes, romaine, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce (if using) to bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and gently toss to coat.
- Scoop avocado mixture into avocado shells.
Original recipe found on: Vegetarian Times