- Oils/Spices: 2 Tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp kosher salt
- Baking: 2 cups AP flour, 2 cups cornmeal
- Dairy: 2 cups whole milk, 4 large eggs, 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- Other: 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, 9×13 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt and cool 1.5 sticks of butter.
- Use extra butter to grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the milk, eggs, ½ cup of the maple syrup, and ½ cup of the butter.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients, then incorporate the dry ingredients until just combined (do not overmix).
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake about 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of butter and ¼ cup of maple syrup.
- After removing the corn bread from oven, brush with the butter mixture.
- Cool completely in the pan, then cut into pieces.
Original recipe found on: Real Simple