This side also makes a nice cranberry sauce with a holiday meal. We like to use it as a relish with Snowbird Chicken in the winter. Your kitchen will smell wonderful when this is simmering on the stove!
- Oils/Spices: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Produce: 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, 1 orange, 1 apple, 1 pear
- Other: 1 cup chopped pecans
- Peel and puree the orange
- Peel, core and dice the apple and pear
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, and slowly stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
Original recipe found on: allrecipes.com
A summery salsa perfectly paired with Salt Crust Chicken, this mix would also work with warmed pita, a pork dish, or perhaps even a baked brie! It isn’t a “chips” type of salsa, it’s really more of a tapenade. However you use it, you will love it and it looks beautiful, too.
- Oils/Spices: 2 fresh thyme leaves, 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, dash coarse salt, dash freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup EVOO
- Produce: 1⁄2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, 1 tbsp rinsed and dried capers, 1 garlic clove, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 small red onion, 1 orange
- Whisk, zester/grater, optional food processor
- Mince the olives, capers, garlic, thyme peppers and onion – a food processor makes this super quick and easy.
- Grate about 1⁄2 tsp of orange zest.
- Combine everything except the oil in medium bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Chill until ready to use.
Original recipe found on: It’s All Delicious